- You cannot build any kind of shelter for yourself until you have earned the simoleans to do so.
- You cannot have any electronics or appliances or cell phone access (put it on silent) until you have a home. (At least 1 kitchen, 1 bath and 1 bedroom)
- You can’t have a part-time job. You can’t have a full-time job when you are a young adult until you have a home. (At least 1 kitchen, 1 bath and 1 bedroom)
- You cannot cook/shower/etc on other people’s lots or interact with adults until you are a young adult. You’re a runaway they’ll report you as such. If your social meter gets low, you can interact with children or other teens.
- You can shower and use the bathroom at any public place like the gym.
- You can fish, garden and dig all you want and sell them.
- You can’t go to school. You have to cancel go to school each day. This will not affect traits.
- Each time you travel you subtract $10 simoleans from your funds using the money cheat.
The goal is to survive. There are no “points”. You are simply trying to survive, start a new life for yourself. You should aim for having a high paying job, children and a big house. The main thing you are doing is getting money the old way by fishing, gardening, and collecting.
- Updated: The game now allows you to have a teen-only household starting in the 3/23/17 patch.
- In the years since I’ve adapted this challenge, I’ve only seen a few people actually make the 10×10 area on their lot. I can’t blame them. I was just trying to find a way to stick to the Sims 3 rules as much as possible and in that game, you could create a 10×10 lot. So forget lot sizes! Putting in a bunch of landscaping to box in an area makes the bills high.
- If you opt to make the teen look grungy and unkempt (which is kinda hard in Sims 4 without CC anyway) then you should “buy” them nicer clothes in CAS as soon as they’ve made a little money. Looking like a bum will attract too much attention.
- If you don’t want to use the money cheat each time you’ve traveled to subtract $10, which frankly gets annoying really quick, purchase one of these Happy Gnomiversary! gnomes out of the decor-sculptures section and either put it in your household inventory or build an army of gnomes. This will increase your bills… which would make it more of a challenge.
- Not going to school is much easier if you que up some actions before 8am. Then you can just cancel out the “go to school” action. If they go to school you need to make them go home. Some players have sent their teens to school stating that it would attract more attention not going. It’s up to you but I’m keeping the rules as per the originals as much as possible.
- There still aren’t sleeping bags so if you don’t want to sleep on the bench, which I suggest, you can buy an Outdoor Retreat tent or a Get Together party bush before dropping your funds to $0. In my opinion, a runaway having the money for a bed seems unrealistic. To drop your funds do cntrl+shift+C type testingcheats on and then money 0.
- Your teen may move from lot to lot or apartment to apartment if you wish. Perhaps they’re trying to keep under the radar by moving around.
- Putting your phone on silent is pretty pointless in this game. It doesn’t work without mods so just try to ignore all of the texts and invitations that pop up every day. No accepting invites unless it is from another teen or a child.
- At the very start of the challenge if you’re not keeping all of the pre-made sims in the game I would suggest either creating or downloading from the gallery a household or more with teens and children so that your teen will have someone to socialize with. See also the rule regarding clubs to make this easier.
- Outdoor Retreat: Your runaway may take a vacation to Granite Falls but may only camp at the campsite, not the cabins.
- Spa Day: You may add a spa to your game and use this as an additional place to shower and up your needs.
- Dining Out: You may add a restaurant to your game and your runaway can eat there if they have the funds and use it to up other needs. This may draw attention so it would be preferable if they invite another teen or child to dine with them.
- Vampires: Your teen can be a vampire since this doesn’t affect aging in the teen stage but I have no idea how it would be possible to make money without burning to a crisp. Perhaps if they lived in an apartment and only collected things to sell in the dark?
- Get to Work: Your teen can be an alien
- Get to Work: Your teen may visit retail lots and planet Sixam. It would draw less attention if they visited retail lots with other teens or children. I’ve had players mention making or downloading retail lots from the gallery and using them to shop for all of their household items to make it more realistic as well.
- Get Together: Your teen can be in a club but only if this club is other teens and children. This would be an easy way to meet them for social as well. No starting meetings on the home lot, you must travel for meetings.
- City Living: Your teen may start in an apartment. For more difficulty pick one with the “Needs TLC” trait. I would highly suggest against the Gremlins trait until your teen has enough handiness to repair electronics.
- City Living: Substitute the rule for a tent or party bush with a blow-up mattress or cheap bed if you opt to start in an apartment.
- City Living: Your teen can visit any of the festivals. It’s best if they bring another teen or child along to blend in.
- City Living: Your teen can collect globes and posters to sell but cannot have a street table to sell things until they are a young adult. It would draw too much attention.
- City Living: You can freely order from vendors. Any teen would do this. If adults talk while you’re eating it’s fine to respond but you must leave after finishing. It would look very suspicious if the teen suddenly got up and moved when someone made conversation. In my and others experience, it’s almost impossible to eat in a park or in the city without some darned adult striking up a conversation. Canceling it out gets very annoying.
- City Living: You can only visit a karaoke bar with other teens and children. This would be a great place for a club hangout.
If anyone can think of something that I missed please let me know. I tried to remember anything that people have brought up over the last few years. Regarding using mods to enable teen pregnancy: I would suggest against it since it’s against the teen rating for the game. If you want to make it more difficult you can start with a toddler or child brother or sister to care for.
There are no points. There is no endgame or goal other than building a nice home/apartment for your teen. Most people continue playing their teens once they are young adults. Some have used them as the founder of legacies or other challenges. This would be a fun way to create a background story for your founder since you get to play it out.